Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"232"

Charlie-Dummy Cellphone
Today I want to talk about that regular SMS (Short Messaging System) from one of the top communications provider (if not the top!) that I keep receiving everyday! The message comes from "232". This is from SMART. Everyday my cellphone keeps receiving that "triva" question that is "so easy" to answer (though sometimes it made me think a little too!). Well, because it's easy, you are tempted to answer it, and of course the next thing that will happen is that there will be another "232 message coming!

Well, my point here is that, I am trying to turn this "232" off and it just wont! I was sent an instruction how to stop it & I followed the instruction exactly (it even warned me that I WONT EVER RECEIVE ANY 232 MESSAGE AGAIN! IF I PROCEED IN TURNING IT OF. So, WHAT??) but still I keep receiving it! My real problem with "232" (aside from the "load" that I spent every time I answered is that at times I am really, really expecting an important message such that even while driving I am obliged to check for that important message and....walla...its "232" trivia question again!

Sometimes, I was in the verge of throwing my phone out of my car! I am planning to switch provider in due time...but, I have that feeling the other networks are into those "marketing strategies" too. However, according to my son, who is using the "other network", he don't receive such "unwanted" marketing gimmick!

Can anyone help me out in finding a "solution" here?

1 comment:

Your comments are welcome!

Links