Thursday, January 1, 2009

Changing times: Bakugan is "in", B-Daman is "out"!




From Bidaman Toys

T'was December 2007 when I wrapped a B-Daman toy ( pls see photo) as a Christmas gift. Honestly, I have no idea how the toy is being played nor where did it originated. I just want to make a kid happy! Since I want to find a good quality B-Daman , I made a quick research first before rushing to the toy shop. After a short "googling", I learned that "B-Daman is a marble shooting toy that can be customized to compete in various types of games. Originally produced in Japan by Takara, B-Daman became an animated TV series in 1993. In 2005, Hasbro sold the toy under the longer name of Battle B-Daman (one of the series of B-Daman). The toys launch a marble from their center and each contains different skills; power, control, balance, accuracy and rapid fire."

I was able to get an original B-Daman and this made my favorite recipient very, very happy! That was in 2007.

Christmas 2008 made me googling another unfamiliar toy - the Bakugan! Okay, I must admit I might be the only one in our place that have no idea what it is. Kids around the neighborhood seems to know a lot about this new hit. (I later found out that there's a local TV station that is airing its anime version). Being the "in" thing for the youngsters, it came to me that it can be another great gift for my favorite recipient! So, as in the previous year, I tried looking for the "original" version of Bakugan. After "googling" a little bit, I found the stores who are selling them and then even became fascinated by this new fad! I am playing it right now...with my young and energetic "playmate".




From Bakugan Toy


Bakugan (pls see picture) is based on a hugely popular strategic card game played with magnetic, spring-loaded marbles (from Sega Toys and Spin Master), The story centers on the lives of creatures called Bakugan and the battle brawlers who wield them. The cartoon is about small spheres from a distant universe that morph into powerful warriors. Young Dan and his friends use the Bakugan to fight for the future of mankind.

The "original" Bakugan toy I bought made my recipient very appreciative again. I myself is very satisfied as I have proven once more that it just take a trivial effort to make somebody else joyous especially on Christmas Day!

And so now, I wonder what toy will be "it" for 2009 ? I would appreciate it very much if anybody out there can help me here. I want to get ahead of everybody in predicting (and acquiring) the kid's latest craze this time! S.O.S! Maraming salamat po! -charlie

2 comments:

  1. Will it be Dragonoid?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bakugan Battle Brawlers could still be it for 2009. There are a few contenders though that can become a favorite too for this year. One is Wow wee's newest line of robots - Trobot, the robot with three wheels.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome!

Links